Color is an integral element of good design. With so much psychology and emotions attached to the hues you choose, it can be tricky to curate your color palette when designing.
- Cool colors, like blue, purple and green, are considered tranquil colors; use these colors in those spaces designated for relaxation, like bedrooms and family rooms.
- Warm colors, like red, orange and yellow, are considered stimulating colors; use these in those spaces designed for activity or conversation, like dining rooms.
- Blend and layer multiple shades of the same color to create a monochromatic look.
- If you want a visually energetic room, use contrasting or complementary colors in your design.
- If you want a more serene room, use harmonious colors, or colors that are positioned close together on the color wheel.
Combine patterns, colors and textures to give rooms more depth.
Overwhelmed yet? No need to worry. Ask our Interior designers from the SoVia Home to share their advice for creating stunning color combinations.